View Single Post
Old 2007-08-05, 06:29   Link #18
Kazidoom

I reinstalled flashplayer and some other online stuff, no random rebooting online for some time now. Perhaps it was a fluke but the chance of rebooting and freezing seems to have gone down. Now to fix the videos on the actual computer. Windows Media Player and Nero video player suffer from the same video lag and Quicktime refuses to even open. While I was typing this I downloaded bsplayer, a small video player meant to put very little strain on processing power. All the videos work 100% fine on it. I checked WMP again, same lag.

Sorry hobbes but I think you're expecting a miracle with those questions. >_>; At most I could answer 1 or 2 of them. *Tries to think of other stuff* Hm. Well, I did get blue screens from trying to play games so perhaps Ledgem is right about corrupted ram. When I went to see a guy to fix this problem he gave me a new video card and I picked up another 512 stick of ram with it. If anything it made the problem worse. Either he gave me a faulty video card and/or stick of ram or the comp is just too old (it's premade btw). And like you thought Ledgem the hard drives aren't new. I've been using them for a couple years now but I only partitioned one last week. The guy I saw did it so he could store all my data in one area while he completely reinstalled Windows on the other.

I'll be able to give more details in a few days, my father is on a business trip and he's been in IT for almost 30 years. He's more knowledgeable with software than hardware but he knows a lot more than me in both fields. I'll ask him about the specs when he gets back.
Kazidoom is offline   Reply With Quote