View Single Post
Old 2011-10-29, 16:11   Link #1434
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Have a few beers, don't take it all so seriously, and turn that frown upside down!

I mean, if you can suspend your disbelief to accept a kid 1/2 the size of an adult pilot can sit in a cockpit of a mecha and reach all the controls, and that same mecha has a system that generates weapons and armor on the fly in response to immediate battle data analysis, I think you can relax and enjoy this show as well.

Anyways, Major Segai isn't young and nubile (at least, I don't think even this show is going to pretend he's 17 ), so I doubt Shu is going to go KAMEHAMEHA on GHQ. Which means there's a glimmer of hope that there's some actual plot happenings when Segai interrogates or whatever he does to Shu in the next episode. That, alone, makes him a villain worth rooting for!

I'm expecting some lengthy exposition from Segai to shed some light on the GHQ side of things. Of course, I could be expecting too much, but one should always hold on to hope!
No the young and nubile characters are all on the Funeral Parlor side, everyone on the Legion of Doom side is a big ol' mean and nasty adult.

I don't know, given the standard the show and Yoshino have set with it's/his writing I just expect some hilariously contrived way for Shu to exit that's going to leave people with a on their face again, but I suppose anything could happen. Also I am relaxing and enjoying the show, I just think as I said it could be THAT much more enjoyable with just a few minor tweaks including less of the black and white stuff, moderately better comic relief/fan service timing, and a little more consistency and clarification in the characters and why they are doing the things that they are doing that don't exactly make the most sense even within the context the show has set up so far. Like 3 things that could easily have been remedied by now are dragging this show down a bit for me, that's what's frustrating.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote