Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Senki Zesshō Symphogear
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-22, 04:51   Link #428
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
They were using the concert as an experiment on the Durandal then shit happened.

Hibiki may be on the right track somebody led the Noise, someone on the American side, to attack the concert.
Or, they're attracted the the Durandal that the "heroes" so thoughtfully gathered and try to awaken without understanding it. (And wouldn't that be a kicker?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That's obvious. No one was arguing that.

Regardless, there are a lot of things wrong in the way the series is dealing with all this. For instance, I don't understand why Hibiki doesn't even ask about the person who sacrificed herself for her sake. She even inherited Kanade's power. Shouldn't she be at least a bit interested in learning about her? That also might help her to understand Tsubasa better.
It's public knowledge that she's dead. What else is there to know? How can she ask without poking at old wounds?

Quote:
Also, I don't really get why is everyone so nonchalant at the base. The megane character particularly, is completely out of place in the series. She's supposedly the comic relief but it just doesn't work, specially in light of the situation they're dealing with.

And yeah, I also think Hibiki messed up by saying she would replace Kanade. Not only she's pretty insensitive, but she doesn't know anything about Kanade so she's just talking out of her ass. The proper thing to say would be something like "I show you that I can become a good partner for you". That sort of line would convey the important feelings without sounding like an ass.
It's not like it's completely out of nowhere. H: "Let's fight together." -> T: "You can't replace Kanade." -> H: "I can too replace Kanade."

Yes, she should have acknowledged that Kanade was irreplaceable, while still insisting on becoming partners. But honestly, she's being a lot more patient than I would be.

(Also, what's up with having their soldiers lead double or triple lives (student, superhero, idol)? The superhero gig wasn't stressful enough?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote