View Single Post
Old 2012-04-26, 04:48   Link #71
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I'm pretty sure you're overinterpreting by thinking he accepts one and criticizes the other.

And I can truly say that most of the "cutting edge" Chinese technology are actual copies and not derivatives, which even the Chinese recognizes. About the only thing truly not copied from any source are ballistic missiles.
I am not sure where the over interpreting is since he is clearly criticizing as shown here:
Quote:
they stopped short at insulting the local Chinese.....
Not only he was criticizing, he also set up some targets by himself, and fired at those, too.
The other part is basically his original words, of course he accept those.

It is partially true that China has incorporated many foreign tech (one way or another), it is also partially true that Philippine export many domestic helpers to HK and Taiwan. However, when one use those partial truth to describe the whole thing, it become a stereotype.

I am no expert on military techs, and I am not going to spend all day googling and argue which tech is copied and which is not. For me it is common sense that those involve very complex systems, and if all of them are copied or stolen, then there is a self-contradiction in itself that the other nations can produce cutting edge techs, but fail miserably at inventing the tech or system to safe guards their secretes.