View Single Post
Old 2012-04-26, 06:24   Link #72
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
speaking of Philippine exports... they do export boatloads of quality (not 'quality' as used in mainland china) nurses, teachers and seamen (seamen especially... most sought after around the world for low price/high skill AND English skills)
Irony : China DOES export quality. Only if it is QC-ed in Shanghai. Most computer part retailers told me that they only take stuff that are quality checked in Shanghai.

And please don't count the foreigners in export/import units. They are foreign workers if they are just there to provide labourial or domestic services. If they work as advisory or managerial role they are foreign expatriates. Only when ALL of them of the SAME nationality working overseas cause the SAME kind of trouble WITH UTTER DISREGARD TO THE HOST COUNTRY'S NORMS AND CULTURE, then right is granted to call them low-quality labour import/export [/sarcasm].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I'm pretty sure you're overinterpreting by thinking he accepts one and criticizes the other.

And I can truly say that most of the "cutting edge" Chinese technology are actual copies and not derivatives, which even the Chinese recognizes. About the only thing truly not copied from any source are ballistic missiles.
Reversed engineered from Russian antiship missiles and sized up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
I am not sure where the over interpreting is since he is clearly criticizing as shown here:

Not only he was criticizing, he also set up some targets by himself, and fired at those, too.
The other part is basically his original words, of course he accept those.
Actually I have no idea what you are nitpicking about with the "accepting" and "criticising" factors of "stereotypes"; the only two stereotypes of Chinese in our region I have observed are the mainland-expatriate "CCP dogs" (中国的小狗) perceived by the local end - "greedy, selfish, and piggybagging China's rise as a world power", and the "Yankee dogs" (洋人的小狗) and perceived by the other - "traitorious, self-centred foreign Chinese who would side and listen to Caucasian masters than their mainland Chinese counterparts".

In the end, it just adds another degratory stereotypical trait to being a Chinese : 死爱面子. Whether it be dogs from the CCP or Yankee side, other races view us Chinese as people who would do anything to preserve personal image. Some Chinese quote it as honor, but IMO, honor and image are two different things.

Sucks to live in a multiracial country and have your own countrymen branding you negatively with people of the same race, but from a foreign land, that you have never met before and has a totally different set of values.

Quote:
It is partially true that China has incorporated many foreign tech (one way or another), it is also partially true that Philippine export many domestic helpers to HK and Taiwan. However, when one use those partial truth to describe the whole thing, it become a stereotype.
How is a thief and a belittler the same stereotype?

Oh yeah. Chinese. I think we all just shot ourselves in our foots. Paradoxically, they can be the same people, or they can be different people. At that time, they are the type of expats I meet almost all the time - thinking that China's power gives them the right to belittle others and steal technology and papers in hope that the Chinese government will pay them handsomely.

Come to think of it, this lousy argument on semantics with you made me realised that China is actually a big market for technology and patented processes, especially those that will help strengthen each factory's productivity and output to own the shit out of the world economy. Volume of output actually dictates the amount of money they make, and to make more money, they are just sourcing for cheap labour and stolen processes which they don't have to pay license fees for, so they could reduce operation costs.

Looks like Big Corp is the only winner here. FOL.

Quote:
I am no expert on military techs, and I am not going to spend all day googling and argue which tech is copied and which is not. For me it is common sense that those involve very complex systems, and if all of them are copied or stolen, then there is a self-contradiction in itself that the other nations can produce cutting edge techs, but fail miserably at inventing the tech or system to safe guards their secretes.
I believe as a Chinese, you are familiar with the quote 家贼难防. These complex systems are stolen by means of blueprints smuggled out of the countries building them.

Given the fact that firms developing such tech are outsourcing their labour elsewhere to save cost, not surprising that the Chinese had an amalgamation of almost every tech from around the world through this. I can't wait for the day when the country gets taken over by a retard who uses the tech to "secure the second island chain"; it will be World War 3.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2012-04-26 at 06:56.