View Single Post
Old 2012-10-13, 20:32   Link #242
Ray
Garnet

Well.. damn. I can't believe I almost let this show slip by. I accidentally watched a PV for it a week or two ago (it was the one of Shiina putting her hair behind her ear), and I thought the art looked absolutely gorgeous. As did she. Then I saw some of the promo art, and that screamed "harem" to me, so I wasn't sure if I should watch it or not. However, today, I stumbled into this thread and found out a few things about it: a) it's 2-cour, b) it has the same character designer as Yumekui Merry (love dem designs), c) it isn't a harem anime, d) it's a direct adaptation and there's a possibility that it might have a definite end as the light novels/source material are coming to an end, and e) the staff is good. After learning all of that, I couldn't help but watch the first episode instead of going to sleep.

Speaking of, I found it extremely enjoyable. The jokes weren't hilarious, but they still made me chuckle and laugh a good bit.

I don't know how I feel about that genki girl yet, well, other than her ass (which is awesome). She's somewhat funny, but she's also kind of annoying. I suppose she's a bit of both.

Shiina's design is really something; her blonde hair and red eyes are extremely alluring. I hate girls, or well, people, that can't take care of themselves, but Shiina is just too adorable for me to bear any form hatred towards her. Kanda better treat her well. As difficult as that might be. I just hope that Kanda doesn't end up with that girl with brunette with a ponytail..

The art direction is lovely. It reminds me a little of what Silver Link's Tasogare Otome x Amnesia did with complimentary colours and colour harmonies. Beautiful stuff. It helps that the animation quality is pretty solid, too.

So yep, definitely will continue watching this.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote