Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-25, 15:49   Link #16088
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Just sounds like the equivalent of Harlequin Romance novels albeit actually popular enough to top sales charts. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the seeming attempt to dumb down books (and not to mention western cultures seeming attempt to dumb itself down in general), but if that's what it takes to get people to read a book these days they might as well do it.

You know, I figure that if the world hadn't been so focused on propping up a system based on predictive values and confidence (basically capitalism) that has proved time and again to not be self-sustaining let alone functional in an age of overwhelming greed that we'd probably have found something better by now. Like do people not see that they are basically playing a game of watching numbers see-saw back and forth and that everything rests on the tip of a pin where one small event is capable of causing it all to come crashing down. Is this really where we want to be right now? Is this really what should be considered normal? I still don't think so.
Dunno. For all that "all's come crashing down", we've still got enough food and electricity to bitch about it on the Internet. I don't believe capitalism's perfect or even the best system out there (which would involve me ruling the Earth with an iron fist), but we could certainly do worse. All in all it's quite bearable.