View Single Post
Old 2012-05-30, 12:43   Link #257
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Book View Post
Honestly that's the biggest thing keeping me from writing one. I've been interested in making one for a while now (Especially after reading When the Seacats Cry and Witches & Woodlands) but I don't think I could come up with any decent crimes or mysteries to solve. I have some ideas, but still it's hard to come up with anything worthwhile.
I haven't actually released a forgery yet, so I don't know if I'm qualified to say this, but I find it easier to come up with tricks from the detective's perspective, as if I was solving a mystery that someone else made. To get into that mindset, I start with a bizarre crime scene first and then work backward trying to figure out how to construct it.

Speaking of which, @AuraTwilight: Santa Cross is currently stalled by an annoying logic error I discovered, but you'll get a new and improved version as soon as I figure out how to unravel it.