View Single Post
Old 2012-09-03, 23:07   Link #909
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
Speaking of which, are there any reasonable series set entirely in a university setting?

I think that the main reason that it is unlikely that K-On! can be carried that far is because university is a rather difficult environment to write stories for. University is significantly busier than high school even at the undergraduate level. Moreover, a university setting might be harder to relate to: high school is a stage that a vast majority of individuals progress through, whereas a comparatively smaller number of individuals may choose to go to a university (some people may opt to go to technical schools and colleges, for instance). A university story would work in other cases, but admittedly, I found the depiction of university in the K-On! manga to be somewhat unrepresentative of the environment. Then again, it might be that I'm looking in the wrong places.

With that in mind, it might be possible to make an OVA or ONA at best, but with the limited material at hand, it would nonetheless prove to be a challenge.
With the caveat that suggestions should be given in the Suggestions sub-forum.

The biggest example I can think of is the two seasons of "Honey & Clover" that ran a few years ago. University setting, art students. There was also an adult workplace setting series ("Hataraki Man") and there was a rock-ish' setting with young adults series called "Nana" - both of those were a few years ago as well.