View Single Post
Old 2012-07-25, 12:17   Link #218
sayde

I almost feel sad that I couldn't bring myself to enjoy this chapter as much as the rest of you. Byakuya lost the battle last week as far as I'm concerned. And instead of getting an ample amount of plot progression, the majority of the chapter was spent beating the dead horse. The only real plot progression happened at the end. Its nice to see Kenpachi's not wasting any time trying to move things along.

Anyways, if Kubo felt Byakuya was worthy of a quick and effortless defeat, then I'll call BS if Kenpachi doesn't follow suit (especially since he's confronting Buckbeard of all people). Its pretty much a given that Kubo needs to further establish feats that will prove why this guy is the leader. So an easy win for Buckbeard is obviously expected right here and now. Then again, I suppose the same general notion could also apply towards the 2nd-in-command. Either way, Kenpachi's going down.

Please just make it quick Kubo. I mean at this point, it's obvious the shinigami aren't going to win this round. And since this outcome was already alluded to way back in February, I'd rather not spend the next couple dozen chapters dragging out this massacre. Oh, and for the love of god, DO NOT switch to another battle next chapter. Because despite my gripes with this weeks chapter, I'm actually very excited for next weeks chapter...unless we end up switching scenes to establish how Hitsugaya, Soifon, and Komamura are holding up.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote