Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-01, 20:19   Link #1022
Setsuryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
So was Taichi breaking up with his girlfriend in the manga too? You have to wonder why the manga-ka even introduced the character in the 1st place.

And I didn't notice Kana's chest at all before the recap/Omake episode now I see she is um well developed there. It's like until someone points out something to me I am oblivious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I don't know the real reason the girlfriend was introduced and then ignored and then dropped. But it feels to me as if she was an idea that the mangaka &/or editor had in mind at the beginning that eventually didn't fit in as the story evolved through the publications. We mustn't forget that most manga are serialized rather than published as a single whole work. As such, manga stories tend to evolve over time. It's not uncommon for ideas to be changed along the way.

While I can understand why the seemingly irrelevant girlfriend appeared in the manga, what I don't understand is why the animators kept her in the TV series. I assume they knew that she wasn't going to play a real role in the story from the beginning. So why include her at all? Slavery to the story, perhaps?? IMO, leaving her out would have been an improvement to the story that the anime could have made.
To me she was introduced just to add depth to Taichi. And by add depth I mean show he is a jerk cuz he dates/plays with the feelings of girls he doesn't even care enough to brought her name onscreen. xP Well it worked for me! XD Although I don't hate Taichi that much anymore now that he has developed along the way...

And yeah, I haven't noticed Kana's breast before either! I'm glad I wasn't the only one! XD

Btw in the subs I've saw there was a "prostitutes means rich green"... What? Is that translated right? I don't get this at all... M-maybe I'm just that bad at interpreting poetry? XD Well, I'll remind of those words forever anyway...
Setsuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote