View Single Post
Old 2012-10-03, 11:16   Link #36
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
In all seriousness while we are talking about animes in japan, how many people in this forum actually buy discs of their favorite series from japan?
Probably a low percentage. I try to buy when possible, but its very expensive, especially when you take shipping into consideration. Also, most of the American anime fandom seems to be teens/20's, who generally don't have thousands of dollars just lying around to spend on anime.

Yes, the conversion between illegal watching to purchasing is low, but out of the purchasers, I think the number that watch it illegal first is very high.

Quote:
Does that excuse all the downloading? I can easily say the same for every music and movie that i wanted to see and hear, but don't want to shell out a single dollar.
The costs of anime discs from japan are indeed high, but the reasons for that is an entire different topic that i am not going to start.
Does anyone here have the money to buy anime from Japan blindly? Most of the people here don't have the money to spend buying anime they already like.

If you have an intention to buy if you think its worth it and you can afford it, all downloading is justified. The only non-justified illegal downloading is downloading specifically with intent to replace a purchase.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote