View Single Post
Old 2011-06-30, 05:11   Link #801
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

You're definitely welcome. I'll whip up some details so that more people can get in on it. This is going to be one hell of a thread reboot.

In the mean time, here's the gist:

There's an international tournament running every year besides Mondo Grosso. Teams representing countries and/or sponsored by big game companies participate. While there are typical duels between singles, doubles, and 5s, there are a variety of events available for teams to score Arena points (Super Beach Volleyball is a hot favorite). Vanity points are also available, and these are accrued according to side tasks that the team performs, like humanitarian missions, rescues or curbstomping unlucky bank robbers. Participating in a war is strictly prohibited however. Besides, war is outlawed across the entire planet, and all countries are at peace with one another, a feat brokered by Tabane herself. Exceptions being armed groups running from the united paramilitary force HUNT who recently wiped a major terror network off the map.

The team with the highest Arena score in each bracket wins one award, and the team with the highest Vanity wins another. The team with the highest score of everything becomes league champion. Every 3 years, the top teams then go into the Road to Mondo Grosso qualifiers and a chance to do battle at the world's highest stage!

IS frames are typically emblazoned with sponsor decals. You can pick both real and fictional companies. You are allowed personal IS units. However, all teams are limited to G2 frames, with only 1 "hero" G3 unit. This ruling is more because of canon limitations (but I am also using it as a means to balance characters we create).

And strictly NO male pilots. You want a male pilot go back to the previous ISOC AU.

I'll be focusing on a fresh ISA graduate who joins an eccentric arena team in search of fame, glory, and use the funds to seek out her mother who left her 10 years ago for "business purposes" then disappeared without a word. Anyone can write in their own team, or even team up and create a joint project with each other.

For those who feel that my old sports-fighter fic lacked something, this edition will feature all the new wisdoms I've gained since. For those looking for crack, you're probably gonna find it. For everyone else. this is going to be FUN.

It's time to ROCK AND ROLL!