View Single Post
Old 2010-10-16, 10:00   Link #1374
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Asante Samuel, Lawyer Milloy, Deion Branch (Although that was somewhat rectified), Mike Vrabel (WTF did he do wrong?), they $hited on Ben Watson as Brady threw him under the bus blaming the offensive woes on him (Seymour and Moss are the cherries on top)....
Samuel lost us the 07 superbowl IMO. Not necessarily worth trading but I wasn't shedding any tears over it, nor were any other fans I knew. Lawyer Milloy and Vrabel I can agree with, I didn't want to see them go. Branch wasn't ever really a fan favorite either, though he is a good player... So you've only named 2, possibly 3 (if you're a big Branch fan) that BB traded against the fans' wishes... Not too bad, you've got to balance what's best for the team and what the fans want. I've never been dissapointed, personally.

Quote:
Now like I said, it's not just about getting rid of these guys, it dives into my deeper point about many Boston fans (I listen to the radio shows) being tired of iROBOTS being replaced with other iROBOTS...People pay alot of damn money to go to Moneygrubb Kraftland to see 7 round pick overachievers...Sometime you wanna load up the van and go see them BIGDAWGS (But ofcourse your comeback to this is elite, superstar players can't possibly be team players unless they have Justin Beiber haircuts )
Maybe some people. I think most people just want another superbowl win. What radio shows from this area do you listen to, out of curiosity? WEEI?

Quote:
Oh he's a fuc*ing BEAST on 5 yard outs and sideline hitch passes...He's King Kai's numba #1 student when it comes to the short game...Hell Brady's intermediate game might be second only to Joe Montana in NFL history, but his deep game is $hit...And his one year of eye-popping numbers came because of Randy Moss...Mofo was KILLING the flats and underneath (in 07), then when people bit, he was throwing super-inaccurate deep balls inwhich that "slouch" Randy Moss EA Sports'-caught everyone of them...Can't wait to see Brandon Tate get his Bethel Johnson-ON in the coming weeks lol...
07 was definitely because of Moss. But even with Moss, no average QB could pull off those numbers. Probably only Manning and maybe Brees could get that kind of production, even with Moss. The stats didn't do much for us in 07 though since we lost the superbowl anyways. Which is all that matters

Quote:
Chad Jackson, Bethel Johnson, Maroney, Ellis Hobbs, Antrell Hawkins (?), Terrence Wheatley, Kevin O'Connell, David Thomas who's great for us, (Currently Merriweather!) I know your team better than you do...I know you're a big DBZ fan, so don't be shocked by your scouter, cuz I'm "OVER 9,000!!" (When it comes to this $hit)...These are all 3rd round picks or higher...What $hitty draft picks AREN'T I talking about?? Huh?!
Bethel Johnson was a lone bust from the 2003 draft, back when they were still winning superbowls. I'd say that's permissible. Ellis Hobbs was no superstar but we got production out of him, so I don't think he was a bust for a third rounder. Hawkins wasn't even a Patriots draft pick, and I'm pretty sure he retired. Thomas and Wheatley had injury problems, so yeah they were bad picks but injuries aren't easy to predict... Jackson and Maroney were definitely wastes but I already admitted '06 was a bad draft year. On the other hand.. Patriots have been making plenty of good draft picks at the same time. You're only mentioning the ones that didn't work out. There's two sides to that coin. We've seen production out of Mayo, Chung, Merriweather, Mankins, Kazcur, Cassell... They weren't all superstars but they've all been good additions to the team at some point. And I'm not even naming all of them, just too lazy to type anymore in this already long message I'm sure you do know more about the NFL than me but I do know the Patriots pretty well. I was a fan during the Pete Carroll era so I'm not just a bandwagon jumper.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote