View Single Post
Old 2006-05-05, 08:42   Link #60
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Reading about this series brings me nostalgia. Eleven years ago it was broadcasted in México by TV Azteca under the name Las Aventuras de Fly, which is a correct translation to "Dai no Daibouken" save that Dai's name was changed to Fly for the Spanish dub. However, everything else remained unscathed.

At the time the anime was released it was prior to Mexico experiencing the full boom of cable TV networks, and I was still one year to become a full-fledged, active anime otaku.

Until this date, the anime's status in México remains either inactive or cancelled owing to TV Azteca owning the licensing rights and their unwillingness to either renew them or sell them to cable networks like the LatinAmerican Cartoon Network or LatinAmerican Jetix.

My only complain I ever had for Dai was the anime ending without a proper closure at some point where it's clear that the story goes on. If anyone is interested in Dai and wants to know the real ending, then follow the manga afterwards once you're done with the anime.
The manga picks on where the anime leaves, as it runs for 37 volumes and the anime adapted from volumes 1-10 and the first half of volume 11.