View Single Post
Old 2009-03-06, 20:34   Link #139
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by errorrrr View Post
Honestly, I can't help but do think Ami's creation in this series was crime against Ami... she seems so superflous in this, not to mention her affliation/affection/emtion ... she just feels like character introduced for the sake of introducing or as a rival to Taiga. Even in that aspect, she fails in every single way.
Ami was introduced in order to bring in general conflict and as a catalyst to future events.

She also functions as somewhat of a Greek Chorus. Just a very proactive one.

Quote:
I really dislike the fact the anime placed so much emphasis on empathizing with Taiga, like she is the only one that has trouble in life. Ami's trouble, while not as apparent runs just as deep as Taiga...

Like Taiga, Ami has no 'real' friends to speak of, no one to even listen to her... not to mention no one to even cook for her. I am usually not this disgusted at these one-sided sympathy, but the anime truely disgusts me on how one-sided it is...
Ami does, however, have at least one caring parent and a successful modeling career. She's also extremely pretty and gifted with an amazing figure and social skills.

Taiga, although pretty, doesn't have much else.

Taiga is worse off.

Quote:
He is denser than "Emotionless Eroge Adaptation Lead" which is one of the most disheartening aspect of this anime... It
...How many eroge adaptations have you actually seen?

Ryuuji is only really dense when it comes to Ami, and that's because Ami continues to send mixed signals and half the fans can't even tell how she really feels.