View Single Post
Old 2012-02-08, 18:06   Link #75
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
In what way is Sakura a burden? In that, were she on the battlefield with Naruto, he'd have to protect her and she'd only hold him back? Because that applies to Hinata as well, so it's hardly a point against Sakura (or if it is, it's a point against Hinata as well).

I'm not Sakura's biggest fan (though I greatly prefer her to Hinata, if I was forced to decide which I liked more), but she's not really a 'bitch' as you put it. At least not anymore, if she ever was.
Well, she's certainly not a "bitch", but that half-assed confession of hers about 100 chapters back really made me dislike her. I mean, I already didn't really like her that much, since she never paid attention to Naruto's feelings and was too concerned with Sasuke, but that confession part was the final straw. That was a BIG insult to Naruto's feelings as well as her own, and I can understand why people(including myself) don't mind labeling her as one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpeRX View Post
Also when you really think about it are you going to say Hinata was there for Naruto? Naruto was always alone his whole life never had any friends or anything he even saved hinata but did she ever care to talk to him become his friend? Sakura acknowledged him way before Hinata even did. Just like 2 arcs again did Hinata really do much which was when helping naruto against pain. Naruto helped Hinata when she was young then again giving motivation Neji Vs Hinata. Got revenge for hinata against naruto vs Neji.
Hinata acknowledged Naruto before they even graduated from the academy. She was the first person to acknowledge him actually, while Sakura and Ino were on a Sasuke craze =0/. You say Hinata didn't really do much, but I think her practically giving her life to fight Pain for Naruto speaks volumes about how much she cares for him. Sakura may have helped Naruto on missions and such, but she's never put herself in the position of helping Naruto KNOWING(this word is important) that she would most likely be killed with 0% chance of success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
Naruto trying to save Sasuke for so long would have be pointless if Sasuke dies and our time would have been wasted watching Naruto chase after Sasuke if he never ends up saving him like he said he would.

Redemption through death won't allow Sasuke to make up for his actions and it would be more original if Sasuke becomes a wanderer rather then having a Darth Vader death.
Hmmm, I agree that Sasuke can't be redeemed if he dies and, in that sense, I could see him surviving all of this. Still, I don't believe that he will reform before it's all too late. This isn't like the Kurama/Naruto relationship, where they have time to come to an understanding with one another. The ONLY way I see him even REMOTELY surviving is if whomever the final boss of Naruto(whether it's Tobi, Madara, or Orokabuto, or someone other than Sasuke himself) makes Sasuke and Naruto team up, and Sasuke appears to be dead but actually survives in the end.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote