View Single Post
Old 2012-07-22, 03:43   Link #188
woebegoneknight

Anime-only viewer here, never heard of the LN, haven't even read any particular hints about the future of the show. "Oh well, I guess they want to get to the meat of the plot," doesn't make any sense to me, because this appears to be the meat of the plot, and I wouldn't have known otherwise short of that comment.

This show is pretty awful so far. These points were mentioned in various posts, but here again, for good measure:

Ep.2 ending, Kirito is going loner. Ep.3 beginning, he's joining a guild, smiling around other people & such. What happened? Wait, he's level 40!!!?

Where's that cute, awesome swords-girl that Kirito seemed to have a connection with last ep?

Floor 28? Holy cow, that was a lot of boss fights & such they skipped over. I mean, look at how much drama just went into the Floors 1->2.

Hey, Klein's still alive?! What happened... Oh, we get nothing.

Klein's guild fighting some other guild... Wait, is there PVP in this game? That wasn't touched, have these players been killing each other for loot/XP this whole time? Oh... you're not going to tell us.

Where's the cute swords-chick from the opening?

DEMON SANTA!!!! THIS SHOULD BE EPIC, OMGGgg.... Never mind, I guess. No epic demon santa battle for me. Really? We spent more time this ep fighting treasure chest guards than we did fighting the crazy demon santa.

Aaaannnd... Kirito's back in loner mode, we know nothing else about the rest of the world except for the fact that Klein's alive, so this episode literally might as well not have happened. He was in loner mode at the end of last episode, I-saw-somebody-die-so-don't-get-attached-to-anyone mode at the end of last episode, and we knew nothing about Cutey McSword at the end of last episode either.

Jeeze, and I thought I had enough to bitch about at the end of last episode. I'll probably keep watching for a little bit because the setting has some potential, but yikes, this has not been good.
woebegoneknight is offline   Reply With Quote