Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-14, 20:52   Link #3334
momonae

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedec0 View Post
The anger over Chapter 20 of Achiga-hen is not the result of bad storytelling by Ritz. The arguments being made as to why this last chapter was poorly written do not stand up to logic. Rather, the anger is, more simply, the irrational/emotional responce to an "unacceptable" character, Shizuno.
I haven't read all of your post but here is my argument why ch. 20 looked as if it didn't quite cut it. By the way, I'm not angry at all and don't think it's "poorly written" especially.

It seemed to me that originally Achiga was planned to lose in the semifinal. Reasons:
1. Two major flags set that had to be cleared for the story were cleared soon after the first match of the semifinal.
a) Akado Harue recovered from her trauma sustained during her Inter High when Kokaji said she remembered very well when she played into Harue's hand in the match she got the trauma.
b) Shizuno and co. reunited with Nodoka.
2. Achiga team wasn't described so competent initially, at least not as competent as the teams which are monstrous and then Shizuno suddenly got her supernatual power with little indication (I think Koromo's comment given to Saki was first). On the other and Senriyama team had been fleshed out very well for a one-off team and was really impressive (might be more impressive than Achiga).
3. That two teams, which have club members only enough to entry the tournments and are virtually made just before the tournaments, and conveniently they are old friends, go to the final at the same time is rather silly for the story or diminishes the value of the nationals Saki's team participates in.
momonae is offline   Reply With Quote