Thread: Odin Sphere
View Single Post
Old 2007-11-04, 09:16   Link #121
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

@najmienoddlez:
Congrats, you found the game easy.
Now try it on heroic with either no items or no skills on ALL battles. Yes, even Book of A.
If you still find that easy, you can go ahead and play a 1/1 heroic game.
---
@Leon_Lelouch:
Heroic mode means that your HP does not level up. Your defense goes up so if you raise it enough, you *might * not die from puny hits in one shot (epilogue Belial junk rains, Darkova fire breath, etc). If you go through heroic mode as x/1 chances are, EVERYTHING (except maybe Darkova fire licks or Gallon maggots) one shot kills you after stage 3 or so. Hopefully, you have a deeper understanding of the alchemy system and (ab)use it whether to craft evil potion combos or to boost your psypher to abnormally high levels.
---
@orange.a:
IMO, people who say Mercedes sucks either do not know how to use her or are button mashers. Incidentally, I found people who say Mercedes sucks all overhype Oswald with U-POW. Honestly, Oswald with all those pots make the game stupid easy.
Actually, potions in general make the game easy. Took big damage? Take a swig from elixir. Can't figure out how to dodge an attack? Use spirits. Too many small fries? Blizzard. Want to just mash? U-POW/Painkiller.

What I'd wanted would be more variety in bosses. You fight 7 out of 9(?) bosses in all books. I wish there were about 12 bosses from the pool of possible bosses (and no, Skuldi and Beldor do not count as 2). I mean, c'mon. By the time you fight Odin with Velvet, you could probably fight him with half concentration. The battles become more mechanical instead of adrenaline pumping.

Last edited by celcius; 2007-11-04 at 09:47.
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote