View Single Post
Old 2010-12-07, 17:32   Link #131
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Ore no Imouto... I'm willing to forgive the breakneck pacing, as while it would have been nice for things like Ayase's family background to be included, the story is still fantastic without them. The changes made to episode eight, however, really did bother me. The series has had two fantastic arcs so far (episode 1-3 and 4-5), but I feel it needs one more to make the leap from "show I love" to "genuinely great anime" - that should have been episodes 7-8, but it wasn't. Episodes 9 and 10 were both solid episodes - hell, nine was absolutely hilarious - but they don't quite fit the bill either.
Ever since the major issue against Ayase in episodes 4-5, the story did seem to be going absolutely nowhere in development at all. Sure Kirino has been blushing from time to time when Kyousuke says something strange, but even though Kuroneko gave us a hint that it would be nice to have a brother, there is still no development to that at all.. We merely just got to see her little sister strolling around with her, but nothing concerning her family... (Wait... Dont tell me the other girl with the little sister when they were peaking into Kuroneko's room was actually her mother?) But yeah... This show needs a boosting arc to finally make the fans feel complete and satisfied about it ending.