View Single Post
Old 2011-03-28, 18:41   Link #199
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
What I get from this episode is Ichika did not do the right thing but was in the right state of mind.
I'd argue that seeing how easily distracted he got from a mission critical for the safety of potentially thousands of civilians, his state of mind wasn't anything to brag about.

Quote:
Houki wasn't in the right state of mind but was doing the right thing. The mission failed. Both paid for it but Houki got something from it and that is she is now "cleared". Furthermore Houki did not "maybe" have issues. She did have issues. That's the whole point of this episode which is to develop her character. If she did not have an issue (which was subtlety pointed out in previous episodes) then this episode was just pointless.
She obviously has issues because she hits people with a wooden stick whenever she gets pissed, which is often. The episode introduced, out of nowhere, issues about her having a suit and letting it go to her head. Of which we have seen nothing. She was, if anything, calmer now that she could stand on an equal footing with her rivals.

Quote:
How is it that Ichika is treating his IS like a tank?
Standing around to get pelted by attacks.

Quote:
Furthermore he is not acting like he's on a moral high horse. He cares for Houki and thus tries to stop Houki from thinking the way she did. Caring for someone and acting like someone with a superior morals is different.
He made the wrong call and acts like Houki's a horrible person for relying on him not to. He thinks it's so important to tell her so he does it in the middle of the fight instead of over the victory beers juice.

Quote:
You have not read the light novel that is why I'm providing more information for people who haven't to complement the anime. I think that would help you more to understand what really happened. Knowing more information always help unless you think otherwise which I then have nothing else to say.
No, no, it's nice to know it may have made some sort of sense in the novel. I think it could still have been a bad call, but at least it doesn't look so cut and dried.

But anime and novel continuity are different, so I'm judging anime Ichika by anime events.