View Single Post
Old 2007-05-10, 01:28   Link #215
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
@Kaioshin-chan,

I'm trying my best to understand your critique here, but as things go, the screwed grammatical structuring of your words left me high and dry. I hardly understand a quarter of what you're talking about.
Fine, I'll explain this in a clear and concise manner, but only once.

I start all episodes with a 6/10. From this 6/10 I look for points to add to the episodes end rating based on what I feel the episode has done right and I take points away in aspects in which I think they have failed to get things right. In this case I followed this train of thought in the end. 6-1-1-1-1=1. 1+3-1-0.5=2.5 rounded up to 3/10 for the final rating. 6 to start, minus one for not being particularly funny at all, minus one for Lucky Channel recycling the same joke for the fourth time, minus one for inconsistency in animation and minus one for inconsistency in pacing and minus one for inconsistency in character (the ending karaoke). Since we are now at 1/10 we can't go any lower, so I tried to think of a way to at least give the episode some points. In an extremely generous maneuver I gave the episode three extra points for making me chuckle three times, but I also took off one point again since I think they failed to convey the theme of the episode in any way and that it came across as an excuse to score points with fans and I took off 0.5 points for the episode having the gall to again try and push the Comp Fest on me. With this we have a subtotal of 2.5/10 and I rounded up to 3/10 for the final score.

That's about the only way I can put it. I would also hope that people don't treat my like some sort of lunatic for disliking this episode and respect the fact that I felt this episode was an extremely poor showing all around for Lucky Star. I have different tastes and I expect different things out of my shows than others and I would hope people will appreciate that and I won't be persecuted for giving this episode a 3/10. The rating is there to give on the poll and that is what I think it deserves. The slate will of course be wiped clean for episode 6 next week and it will start with a 6/10 and I'll do my usual review and synopsis.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-10 at 02:08.