View Single Post
Old 2012-06-26, 06:28   Link #49
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
But the tl;dr answer is basically: not very much most of the time, because the art itself is rarely more than 720p. It doesn't have much to do with the size of your screen.
@relentless

I thank you for the information. That saved me some time and effort.
No need to redownload some things.

Quote:
720p (especially Blu-ray version) is not just "cleaner" but "HELLUVA cleaner" than avi .

If your computer can play the HD 720p mkv/mp4 files and you has a lot of space to spend, I suggest you to drop the avi episodes completely since their function is already cease to exist for you (assuming you fulfill the criteria I mentioned above).

Better yet, if someday you have an LCD TV with more than 20 inch screen and a PS3/Blu-ray Player, you’ll be able to play those HD 720p anime of yours with your player via flashdisk/harddisk and able to enjoy the awesomeness of watching HD anime on your TV screen. Remember that LCD TV & Blu-Player has become cheaper and cheaper nowadays. Avi files are only good for tube screen imo. They even look worse than your standard DVD image.
@Obelisk

My computer is a little old, but fortunately it can play 720p without lagging. Thanks for the info. LCD seems nice, maybe someday I can afford that. The time I bought my monitor the 17 inch LCD is 7,000 pesos, while the non LCD-17 inch is 4,000. Being a little short on cash I settled for the non-LCD monitor, it performs well enough I guess. *gives poor old monitor a pat ^^

Oh, and the avi files are used by my portable DVD player. It accepts flash drives and is my method of sharing anime with friends who don't own a computer. Shared Madoka Magica and Ore no Imouto with it.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote