Old 2008-04-01, 00:33   Link #16
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Animation Quality: 10
Voice Actors: 10
Script: 3.141592654
Adaptation from Game: No clue, but shouldn't this be novel?
Editing: 2.718281829

Total Score: 6.5 => 7.0 (for the poll)

It was a rough ride from the very beginning, one that could not have been saved no matter how good the ending was. Actually, that was exactly it. The final episode was perfect (I gave it a 10/10), but the series was ruined from the start, never perfected the addition of Konoe into the storyline and failed at transitioning between romance and action. At the worst of the Konoe episodes, this series was averaging a 4/10 from me, below average. After Pheles's appearance to Sabrac's fight until the very end, my feelings wavered between 6-7/10, and all that the final episode did not do enough to get a 7. In short, I only half enjoyed this series. Watching the first half of it was almost like an obligation. I rated several episodes very low, but I also rated a lot of 10/10's for individual episodes. This just further on shows the series' inconsistency, and even though this series truly deserves a six, the final episode gave something truly amazing--a connection to Konoe.

If the series cut in half (or maybe more) the number of Konoe episodes and more into pretty much anything else, then it couple raised the score a notch. But still, the series end in a happy note, and it reciprocated to the Konoe arc, giving a meaning to Konoe's existence. I truly hope that the next season will be better, because this one was more or less disappointing.

Final score: 6/10, "Very Good"

Spoiler for My Rating Scale:

And yes, I would like to comment how this series has some of the best background music I have seen. Maybe it wasn't the best, but it was most consistent, so that played a part in me not dropping the series and actually enjoying the battle scenes. Good job, J.C. Staff, even though I know you can do better.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-04-03 at 19:06.