Thread: Licensed Get Ride! AMDriver
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-20, 23:54   Link #1
box-chan

Get Ride! AMDriver

Couldn't find a thread on this so...

Just saw "enough" of the first episode to make it painfully obvious that I'm too old for this show; that is also taking into account that I'm currently following Aishiteruze Baby.

Dunno why, but this one started to really grind on me. The characters seemed recycled, the OP was screechy and I kept trying to decipher wether two of the characters were actually male or female. Now don't get me wrong, I like a little bit of androgynous shenanigans now and again but this was way too much.

I could envision maybe an eight-year old really taking the plunge on this one, but at this rate I'm getting pretty jaded when it comes to story/ characters and art and for some reason it didn't cut it compared to say, monster. Hell, Panda Z was volumes superior if the first episode of AM driver is any indication. The quality of the sub itself seemed quite nice, but I just can't understand why someone picked this up (no offense, just not my bag baby.)

I guess it looked like transformers/ voltron/ and who knows what else all rolled into a typical "save earth from robot/ alien/ alien robot" story.

Is there something I'm missing here? Does it get real deep later or have I pegged it? this show just hurts my head.