View Single Post
Old 2010-05-21, 10:23   Link #59
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraden1989 View Post
I wouldn't be surprises if we find out that Bluejam was a Shichibukai because of the fact that Sabo's father is having Bluejam try to kill Ace and Luffy. In addition, the Shichibukai follow the orders of the World Government, and the Tenryuubito have great influence in the World Government, so it makes sense that Bluejam, if he was a Shichibukai, to work for a Tenryuubito. I doubt that Bluejam would be a slave either because he didn't seem to have an exploding coller on him.
He was just hired by Sabo's father. Doesn't have to be a Shichibukai...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
That was a bit interesting.But the best thing about this episode is that we finally got rid of this Sabo guy so this fillerish flashback is about to end.
Why would you be so eager to see it end? It's filling in a lot of holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Chinese language does not derive from Sanskrit or prakrit. In fact, I am from East Asia and I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Chinese and Indian culture is as different as American and Russian culture, whilst Japanese culture is definitely influenced by Chinese.
Thanks. His ignorance was appalling.

------------

I'm really excited about the multitude of directions the manga could go now. It's like a ball of seething energy that could explode in any number of ways and all of them would be spectacularly nuclear.

Too many bits of history here and there popping up now. It's kind of hard for me to keep track, and I am getting slightly lost in the fray. Doflamingo killing off another Shichibukai with orders from 'way high up', is just too much intrigue.

To an extent, maybe too much of note has happened too fast. The great battle of Marineford revealed so many hidden little 'dossiers' from the past, and too many things precluded and followed it.

Also, where exactly did Trafalgar Law come from? Don't get me wrong though: I love seeing him. I'm not too sure I could accept him randomly appearing to save Luffy at such a critical moment.

But then again, I don't really have that much information about his submarine, and it may well possess some unearthly mechanical semantics that could allow it to travel very quickly. Who knows?

I have mixed feelings about the number of significant deaths that came out of the whole battle. As much as you could say that "more pirates of influence should have died", you could also say that very few of the top marines died too. So it could be chalked down to competence on both sides.

I hope Oda now calmly lets each of the new sub-stories play out. He's created so many new sub-chapters and new mysteries that it's hard to keep them in mind.

Beautiful rendition of the battle, though. Had a few hiccups, but once again, Oda delivered

EDIT: Oh, my, I forgot to spazz over the figure that Luffy's bounty will rise to after this!!! It'll be phenomenal! I wonder what factors will influence it, too, though?

Maybe his 'Will of D' relation, and the fact that all of the high ranking marines suddenly got scared when they saw him unleash some of the Haoushoku stuff. That coupled with the fact that he upstarted and upshowed the marines and got away with it would be some serious bounty incentive. Also, his very existence is a testimony to one of the biggest failures of the Marines of all time.

Then take the fact that his father is Monkey D. Dragon, plus his apparent affiliation with Iva Ivankov, which could be taken as a concretion of some link between him and his father. He also has known (now at least) ties to Red Haired Shanks, and he still hasn't received an increased bounty from his attack on the Tenryuubito. I'm very sure he'll be worth over 700 million. Easily. What say you?

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Last edited by holypanl; 2010-05-21 at 11:33.