View Single Post
Old 2010-06-08, 16:42   Link #23
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
Recently I was reading Guyver, and while reading it recalled my like of Reideen 2006... In the wake of a show with perhaps similar plot elements (Heroman), I also hope that BONES is in the mood to refine their storytelling such that they will do this new series justice along the lines of those series. Though I guess it's not an alien-fighting story like those, it's more of a mecha anime...
"alien fighting" or "mecha" mean absolutely nothing in terms of what kind of story we'll get. All we know about this show is it's a "school robot action anime". That's like saying Utena is a "school sword battle anime"; it could mean anything whatsoever about the storyline, to which we have no clues whatsoever.

I'm surprised by the vitriol against Soul Eater and Heroman in this thread. I didn't like either show, but then I didn't expect to - they're for kids, and all the beautiful animation in the world won't make me enjoy stereotypical shounen fare like this. It didn't really work ten years ago and it certainly doesn't now!
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote