View Single Post
Old 2011-01-25, 04:10   Link #21696
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
This is where I see how he tricked us. Or rather, how we tricked ourselves. When we're hit with clues, we dismiss them not out of reasoning, but out of uncertainty. So for example, the areca nut clue for the Taiwan theory. I remember there were some arguments (not on here) about how it HAD to be Korea and that stuff about eating areca nuts (though it wasn't named at the time) was not pertinent. 8) Maybe we declared things to be red herrings and then discarded them.
Who knows?
Personally, I always kept on changing my thoughts and attitudes depending on the information presented. If there was something I found weird but didn't have any proper explanation for it, I typed it in a note-pad file I had. I remember I also had other files (I say "had," because all my info got lost, since my PC broke) for theories I didn't like (narrative-wise), just in case.

I honestly don't have any problems with obvious answers and being lead into thinking otherwise. I've read some detective novels like that as well, and I personally liked them. Although, I wouldn't call Umineko's answer as obvious, since even if ShKanon was relatively easy to spot, the whole deal about personalities/alter-egos/imaginary friends/whatever being able to die and acknowledged in the Red as such was rather contrived, in my opinion. So, even if we could make a case about there being hints, the idea itself is not particularly logical, in my opinion, for most people to even come up with that idea - and I don't remember anyone suggesting it either. Moreover, I just couldn't like the answers presented by R07, nor did I like the story after EP5. The lack of certainty at the end didn't really make it any better.

But well, that's all there is to it. I guess my expectation were too high. Perhaps, that's my fault for my lack of enjoyment at the end. Who knows? As for why I still have the need to speak about it if I didn't like it at the end? I suppose doing it brings me some catharsis. That, and I do enjoy making crack theories, and do some actual theorising.