View Single Post
Old 2013-04-05, 18:55   Link #204
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingsamurai View Post
I kind of have to agree. In some ways, all her barbs seem to feel more personal since we are dealing from within the POV of Kyousuke. We have access to his inner monologue, so we get a clearer picture of his thoughts whenever he goes to sacrifice himself for her sake or when he's physically/verbally attacked.

I'm currently on Vol 3 of the LN (Christmas Eve) and all I could thinking about is how much of a masochist Kyousuke seems to be for putting up with all the psychological abuse even after going above and beyond in helping her. Granted she might be tsundere for him with a closet brother complex that she's subconsciously trying to suppress, but you can only excuse so far before it just feels like a convenient excuse. In some ways it reminds me of a wife who keeps defending her drunken husband no matter how many times he beats her. Just because he only happens to attack her when he's not in full control of himself still doesn't excuse the fact that he attacked her.

I can only hope that this is a case of "the greater the sin, the greater the redemption."

Wow, I didn't expect to write so much. I guess I had alot bottled inside.
Sigh.....
You are from the West, aren't you? Because from a Eastern reader's POV, it's not that hard to understand.
1st, Kyousuke is a M - that's for sure
2nd, as a siscon, he subconsciously wanted to make up with Kirino. That's why he did all that.
And 3rd, in a Eastern cultural, it's entire possible to raise the first child to be that protective of their younger sibling. No matter how much they fought, the older one would feel the need to help their younger, at least because of family's responsible.