View Single Post
Old 2009-09-20, 18:13   Link #186
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
I liked the tension buildup in this one. Araragi with a flirting Kanbaru... going up to a spooky looking old temple to put a kind of seal on it... It felt dangerous on many levels. Still seeing the Kanbaru genki side again as well as the teasing attitude was nice. A good counterpoint to the darkness building.

The LACK of Hitagi was palpable. She leaves a presence even by NOT being there... I kept half expecting her to come bashing in at any moment to beat Araragi into a pulp over a perceived indiscretion. That she didn't even left an interesting impression. This is a very well crafted series.

On the art, I especially liked the look of the BG's. All of the bamboo forest shots looked like they'd been taken right out of an Evind Earle painting. Gorgeous stuff.

I find Nadeko a little off putting myself. She's stunted emotionally and obviously has something going on about Araragi from the flashbacks... Maybe this will be expanded on. And in light of her reactions and statements while standing semi-nude on the bed, she in a twisted way seemed to me to be enjoying having him look at her. For me the big hat and coat she wears is all about making her look younger than she is... She want to be a little innocent girl, but also wants to grow up, so she acquiesces to showing Araragi her body "to show him the marks" in the safety of the presence of another "girl" but I think is getting her own twisted jollies off of being an exhibitionist in front of a boy. One whom I think she likes...

A well rounded eps!
Actually, she wore the hat and the coat to hide the snake marks. She's also probably the most normal of the characters.

Ugh, can't believe I'm defending Nadeko even though she's about the only character I dislike, but fair is fair...

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote