View Single Post
Old 2010-05-04, 08:48   Link #311
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Actually if you read the first few pages of the novel, Yuri (and probably the rest of the SSS) is looking for the one who set up this place. And since she assumed (and pretty much everyone would agree at this also) only God who can create a world after life. Therefore may as well give him a good beating for giving her a miserable life.

Yuri didn't blindly look for someone to blame on. She looked for the ultimate being who can create such world. Tell me the chance that a world after dead is created by a non-existent thing.
If you can accept that the universe itself might not have a god, why should the afterlife be created by one? I mentioned Buddhism before, for example.

... Actually, I'm sure we can create a fairly successful thread speculating on the nature of this afterlife, so putting that aside for a moment, the search for this god who might not even exist is what I meant when I said that most of the series would be about the 'quest to look for this non-existent enemy to blame for all their mishaps.'

That, and with the lack of a god to yell at, their main 'opponent' became Tenshi, now that Tenshi is no longer an opponent, El Presidente rises to the scene and becomes the new 'opponent.'