View Single Post
Old 2009-04-06, 05:14   Link #442
Uncreativex

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuraame View Post
Whether or not nobles are born in Soul Society was debated for a while in the "Birth, Aging and Death in Soul Society" thread too and the "Official Character Book SOULs" was brought up. According to the "SOULs" databook, which I do believe is written by Kubo Tite (his name is on the spine and also on the inside) and not an unofficial guide written by some randoms, Viz's translation about Seireitei reads,

"Seireitei, a peaceful place... the center of the Soul Society. The only people who are allowed to live here are Soul Reapers and the very few existing aristocrats. Aristocrats like the Kuchiki family and the Shihoin family are born in Seireitei. They live their entire lives within the Soul Society. They are refined and are born with strong spiritual powers." (Emphasis is mine)

The bit about all other souls reads like this,

"The human world is for the living. Dead souls gather in the Soul Society. These two worlds are parallel to each other and are two sides of the same coin. Families separated by death are rarely reunited in the Soul Society. People live nestled together like a family of strangers. Once a soul has spent a certain amount of time in the Soul Society, it is reborn into the human world."

From the wording it seems that souls can give birth. But it doesn't really explain why normal souls can't/don't give birth. From the wording it seems to insinuate that nobles are the only ones that can give birth. Maybe only spiritually strong people have the ability to create new souls? Or maybe one is just lucky to be born into nobility?
I though that people with strong spiritual power/Shinigami could reproduce, fitting with how they are the only souls that get hungry etc. So that not only nobles, but really any Shinigami that somehow reproduce can have children in Soul Society.