View Single Post
Old 2013-01-10, 14:10   Link #31
Write
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Well, you could bring up highly acclaimed series that have highly uninteresting characters. At least why you think so. My point is to be more specific.
I did, with K-ON!, which isn't exactly acclaimed for being the most intriguining show in history but is popular none the less. It's one of my most enjoyable series by far with the cast all being broad shades of cute, fun, and comedic. It's the writing I appreciate, and I find the dialogue to be very clever unlike a lot of shows. I've always felt this way though: just give me SOMETHING to appreciate, something to latch on to and I'm watching the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
And also, is fan reaction that important?
Not for anyone outside of Japan. As an America viewer I feel like anime is the most "take it or leave it" medium I've ever indulged in. Aside from a few very bleak instances we have no say. Be that as it may I think the industry deserves a lot more harsh of an analysis than we've been accustomed to giving as fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Yeah I'd also suggest making a thread in the suggestion forum.

Have you tried out shows like chihayafuru,jinrui wa suitai shimashita,hyouge mono,space brothers,jojo's bizare adventures,psycho pass...
All shows I've put on a backlog. It's more of a time issue than anything else.