View Single Post
Old 2013-01-22, 22:59   Link #633
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose
That's... that's actually pretty good, though not quite my voice, but I see where you're going there. *nods* I'd be pleased to see what else you come up with, if it's okay with you.
Heheh... that's the problem with me trying to rework scenes in other people's writing. They end up in my voice instead of the original author's. And I'm supposed to be making suggestions, not taking control of the other person's story.

Since you asked though, here's my attempt at reworking that scene using a different approach from the one you did. I've made some further edits since last night because there were some things I wasn't satisfied with previously.

Spoiler:

The change in perspective at the beginning seems to have had the consequence of making me take a narrower perspective later in the scene as well (specifically the part where John saves Ray). That might not be a good match for how you want to portray things.

Also, one recommendation I've come across is to be consistent about Tense. Part of the problem I had with your use of Present Tense may have been because if came after you'd begun the chapter in Past Tense and I didn't have time to get used to it. Its hard to say for sure whether that's the case with this small a sample though.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote