Thread: Licensed Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-02, 10:11   Link #559
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
I think what the guy want to ask is what the show finally achieved in the end? What is the main point that the creator want to make? What did he want to tell us with all that weird random god fanservice otaku pandering mythology etc etc etc...Because this show is still made by mortal men to the enjoyment of human viewers, so I guess the creator has something he has to say to human in the chaos of this show right?

I can only think that it is a story about the battle of old and new generation, between tradition and modern world. It is quite a topic in Japan and Eastern country right now. This is, just my opinion, and this is not the whole show, just the angle I like to use to examine it.

OveralL, a show with SHAFT style, which admitedly is not so original nowadays. It has some interesting concept and reference to mythology, but did not take them far enough, maybe because the novel has not been totally adapted yet. Not a show that would make you remember, but definitely a show you would want to check every week.
Well, the author wasn't trying to make a point by the end of this series. Because this is only the 4th book out of 10 so far, and as such it isn't meant to be consistent in theme and "getting somewhere".

The author is just making modern myths. Keep in mind that myths are rarely meant to teach us anything; not every tale needs to be a fable. You are not being lectured. But the author is having fun twisting the idea of "don't work too hard" into a positive outlook. As in, there is such a thing as working too hard, and take things too seriously. Never forget to smell the roses.