Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2010-06-03, 15:45   Link #14242
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
I don't know how you imagined that, I never said they were separable, but are mixed, I think of it being more like how one would measure the PH balance of water. In this case the mix would be Human blood = Alkaline, and Vampire Blood = Acidic. So under normal circumstances it's in the middle, thus controlled. But his vampire blood can regenerate faster than his human blood.... It takes about 8 weeks (2 months) for a human to regenerate their blood back up to normal levels, were as it can take only a few minutes to a few hours for a vampire to regenerate their blood, and Tsukune possesses both of these aspects within himself.

But there is the thing that the last time he went ghoul, he was stabbed by the spider dude many times and bled profusely (R+V 2 chapter 5, pages 30 though 36). Immediately after, his power erupted and he quickly took that guy out.
Hmm, this makes sense, but one thing I'm a little lost on is that considering it takes that long for human blood to regenerate, wouldn't the imbalance you mention last longer in Tsukune? But truth is that Tsukune returned to being himself a lot sooner than that. He was even pulled out of his rage by the sight of Kurumu's rack.

On top of that, Tsukune had already completely transformed into a rage Vampire, and the lock is the only thing that helps him sustain his humanity, so I think there's more to Tsukune's mental stability than the relationship of his human and vampire blood. I would attribute his sudden fits of rage to inconsistencies in the Holy Lock rather than his own blood quantity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Indeed it did, but, what do you think all the other battles and his mental willpower to protect his friends has been doing to his blood that whole time before then? All this bit of training that Moka gave Tsukune did, was just accelerating what he was already doing with all the battles he'd fought before then. His battle with Hokuto was a prime example of this, and probably one of the best times his own blood was getting that notion of "protect thy friends from those who aim to harm them" beaten into it (quite literally, I might add), thus why his friend/foe sense was working so well during the second ghoul awakening.

One could say that Tsukune might have a second subconscious mind within him, but unlike Moka, it's not a second complete personality, but just his instincts that his vampire blood provides him. And as such he's been gradually training it to do his bidding and hold his values, kinda like how one would train a dog, or how a child would learn such things. Though the "child" is quite the psychopath.....
Well, I can't disagree with this, but it's obvious, at least to me, that Tsukune needed a little more than just his own fights because his second transformation proves that something wasn't really working in the way he was handling himself in previous battles. But part of the reason of his transformation could be the months of inactivity after the forced closure of the academy.

Apart from that, I completely agree with the second subconscious mind within him, though I wouldn't exactly describe it as that, even though it's not exactly a personality. Rather, I think it's another part of Tsukune's own personality locked deep within him, but the nature of the Vampire blood within him makes it far more potent, sometimes overlapping his normal self when he turns into a rage Vamp.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote