View Single Post
Old 2004-05-16, 01:04   Link #43
Kouji
StrykerX

斬不
Zabuza

There is a word, ざぶざぶZabuzabu to imitate the sound of water moving roughly. Zabuza being a user of 水遁術 (Suiton jutsu, water element techniques), this word may be part of the meaning.
The Kanji can be read as 再び斬らず (Futatabi Kirazu), "I won't kill again". Kanji 斬 means to cut/kill with a sword. Zabuza has a 首切り包丁 (Kubukiri-bouchou, cutting-head blade), the big blade that he can even stand on it.

日向 ヒナタ
Hyuga Hinata

There is a city named Hyuga in Japan, which uses the same Kanji as well. Hyuga means a sunny place. And the city of Hyuga is southern part of Japan, which (for some reason) have Palm trees. Hinata means sunny place. The kanji, 日向 can be read either as Hyuga or Hinata. I think it is well thought name and character, because her name is so opposite to what she is (so far). Hinata herself is a shy girl who (seems to be) stays in shadow, instead of coming out in the sun. But her name is sunny like a sunflower in summer (don’t ask me what that means... it’s just an image in my head!). I hope she can be as bright as her name is.