View Single Post
Old 2008-10-16, 00:05   Link #1900
Used Can

I am one of those persons who cannot see death as atonement, but as simply running away. I did understand the plan: In order for a hero (Zero) to exist, there must be a villain (Lelouch), and that if the villain dies, everything would be good. Despite that, I found his death a bit too drastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
this could become the intended storyline that the staff had wanted for R2, but have a different ending and plot twist that could become quite different
What'd be the point of presenting the "intended" storyline, if they're not going to deliver the end they had envisioned from the beginning? I'm quite sure the changes they had to made affected only the first couple of episodes (say, up to episode 10), since they had to made it newbie-friendly due to the new time-slot.

Quote:
they said that there would be romance developments
And there was. Otherwise, where do you think all the shippers came from?

Quote:
and less deaths in R2
They said not too many characters would die. And, indeed, not many characters died. Some even came back to life when we thought they were dead.

Quote:
Does death constitute as a satisfactory end? I don't think so.
Lelouch accomplished his goal. That's why it was satisfactory.
Satisfactory End ≠ Happy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Well, I personally, still think there is a good chance that he survived w/ C.C.'s Code
That'd contradict what C.C. did in Turn 15. She decided not to push the hell of eternal life on him, since it was a lonely and sad life. C.C. herself said no matter who may have loved you or who may have hated you, in the end, everything ends up as nothing but as dust in the wind. There's nothing lasting, but your own existence (This is one of the things why I found her profile at Geass.net to be quite contradictory). She tried to save Lelouch from that lonely kind of life.

The only way I see for Lelouch to have survived, would be if he inherited Charles' Code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
he was resurrected by C.C.'s 'wish' to the gods when she was praying at the end
The gods were nothing but some sort of collective consciousness - they were not independent conscious beings. Also, they never granted Lelouch any wish; he used Geass on that collective consciousness in order to prevent time from being kept still. As for why Charles and Marianne disappeared, I wouldn't know. Maybe that was the price of trying to activate Ragnarök. (I've got to admit, Taniguchi and Co. made quite a bad job at explaining these kind of things.)