View Single Post
Old 2012-01-11, 19:43   Link #72
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
It's unclear to me who the manga is targeted to. It's in a magazine that

"subvert the preconceptions of shōnen and shōjo magazines"

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nch-next-april

However the female manga-ka is known for drawing yaoi manga. And while I am 100% sure Brave 10 is not a yaoi manga, I would be surprised if she isn't drawing her male characters to appeal to female fans. Still perhaps the manga is not meant to be shounen or shoujo (like the magazine description says).

But just looking at the seiyuu cast, the character designs, and the fact that it is a "reverse harem" to me it seems the anime at least is being marketed to a female audience. Also in most reverse harems you can usually tell who the main couple will be right away.

Also I never thought the Bleach characters were Bishounen at all. Although Reborn is a good argument.

But really I don't care if it aimed at a male or female audience. But it seems some people on here care that it might be aimed at a female audience. Does that really make a difference in your enjoyment of the series?
Yeah but the first episode is the exact opposite. It's clearly shouen, did you actually watch it? Also your quote doesn't exactly provide evidence for your arguement, the magazine is aimed at both meanings there's probably simply both shouenen and Shoujo manga in there. Plus most accounts of the manga state seinen, (though the anime most likely shounen). The plot and everything about it says it's aimed at males. The only reason people are even making this coclusion is because of the bishouen designs that aren't any more bishounen than the average Shouen and the fact there' only one female currently shouen from the small amount of cast members currently seen. There's probably some more tht will be added later.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote