View Single Post
Old 2011-03-11, 23:02   Link #67
Sherringford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chron View Post
How could it be? Ive just spent this entire time pointing out that there is no real evidence of anything, for anything, in all 8 episodes. Youre missing my point completely.

Youre referring to a general truth which just doesnt apply here.
While nothing is definite in the series, degrees of probability can be given out quite confidently.

I can claim that Gohda is the culprit, but I wouldn't that my Evil Chef theory isn't as probable as a Kyrie culprit one for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
It can be kind of funny when a mystery has a viable alternate solution, though.

Plus, it's given me an idea...Bradbury has contradicted himself on what his works mean often enough that I'm not sure even he knows. Plus "Usher II" is almost exactly the same premise as Fahrenheit 451 and that one explicitly says it's about censorship.

For the love of God!
Alternate solutions are great when they are taken into consideration(EQ was particularly godly at that) and funny at parodies, but they shouldn't be present otherwise, in my opinion at least.

Bradbury is just a flatout weird writer. I'm not sure he even believes in what he says or if he just likes to act like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikou View Post
There's some room for argument that the mystery genre is one of the few places where the author is not quite dead.

But then again, Umineko isn't a mystery, at least not a traditional mystery.
Indeed. Even in Umineko's case however, I'd say the author should be at least as alive as Wesley was in The Princess Bride after Inigo found him.

In Umineko, the author is all dead. I think the series would have greatly benefited from the author being only mostly dead.
Sherringford is offline   Reply With Quote