View Single Post
Old 2009-01-11, 17:08   Link #1305
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
There is absolutely no reason to "realize" that her love is one-sided. We know next to nothing on Ichigo's side of things. The only thing we do know is he likes stroking his bankai. The only way to know is for him to find out. Plain and simple. Having Inoue not confess is the same as having her regress back to how she was at the beginning. Then what would be the point of these past nearly 3 and half years for Inoue in the series?

Its the same as running away, as someone who's been around for nearly 27 years and have seen and been in many different kind of relationships. Not conveying your feelings to see what will happen is nothing but a chicken shit action no matter what reason you try to put behind it. And you simply don't deserve to be love if you bow to that kind of cowardice. The mental state of "oh he/she doesn't love me, so I shouldn't even try" is nothing but an excuse, hear it from the horses mouth before making a final conclusion.

Inoue hasn't reached a conclusion with what she should do with her feelings. People try to use that particular chapter as a shady evidence. But, Inoue was speaking about everyone as a whole not about Ichigo.

Inoue never saw Ichigo as perfect. Its his imperfections and kind heart that made her fell in love with him. Its a dirty misconception and slander to make such assumptions. Unless someone would to show me where there was a thought process where she think he's perfect? I'm 100% certain anyone will find on such evidence.

On a last note, of course she'll move on if a rejection happens. But don't expect everything to go back to normal. Tension will exist to the point of a drift. Inoue will move on away from the group. But of course her haters would love to see that happen.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusion if I were you. There's no definitive, only assumptions up to this point. And saying Ichigo treats Inoue like Chad and Ishida is turning a blind eye on everything that has happened to this point. Ulq. will continue to use Inoue to antagonize Ichigo, that much is a dead giveaway. We can't predict what will happen though, but I'm certain Kubo won't disappoint. Physically its a fight between the two guys, but mentally and emotionally it'll be between Ichigo and Inoue.
Well if you're going to use that logic you need to look at both sides of the coin.

From your perspective Ichigo's negligence to openly demonstrate any romantic interest towards Orihime, or any interest that goes beyond friendship for that matter, is because he hasn't realized it yet due to being preoccupied with other things, like saving the world and his friends' lives and having no knowledge of Orihime's true feelings for him (unless I misinterpreted your post).

The other side of that coin is that his lack of demonstration is indicative that he HAS no feelings towards her in that regard. In that context, to suggest such feelings for Ichigo exist but have yet to be realized would not only be a great assumption, but also an erroneous one.

Why is Ichigo's affection for Orihime dependent upon her admitting her true feelings to him? Would Ichigo's feelings for her, should they be romantic, not exist before that point? Is the suggestion here that it will take Orihime's confession for Ichigo to come to the realization that he cares for her beyond a friend as well?

I find it difficult to reconcile that scenario with what's been presented to us regarding their relationship in the manga thus far. Ichigo regards Orhime has one of his close friends, but beyond that I haven't seen anything to suggest his sentiments for her extend beyond that realm. For him to suddenly go from such a platonic relationship with her (from his perspective anyway) to something deeper and more romantic via a confession of affection from her would strike me as not only odd but also unbelievable. If those sentiments existed in Ichigo, even at the barest level, there should have been clear(er) evidence of them by now.

I didn't try to suggest that Orihime has reached any definitive conclusions regarding her relationship with Ichigo, or even how she views herself. As with many things, it's a process. She's evolving slowly, developing new ideas and new realizations about the people who are most important to her and her own self worth. It's what she does with this knew knowledge that will be important.

In all honesty, I don't think Orihime will ever confess her true feelings to Ichigo. It will be implied in every smile, every look, and every gesture, but never outright stated. The reason for this is that Kubo seems to have developed a particular template of unrequited love when it comes to relationships in the Bleach universe:

Character A will love Character B but will refrain from telling them outright while Character B carries on with the relationship considering Character A a platonic friend (or very close friend) and nothing more.

Kubo has given several examples of such relationships already - one is Renji and Rukia's relationship. From my perspective, at least, it's apparently obvious that he loves her. Rukia, on the other hand, treats their relationship like a platonic friendship - they are very close but nothing more. I don't want to delve into them all but a few more examples to consider would be: Rukia and Kaien, Soi Fong and Yoruichi, Hitsugaya and Hinamori, Ishida and Orihime, etc.

Considering we already have these examples of such a relationship being utilized within the Bleach universe, I don't think it'd be unreasonable to expect that Kubo would use the same template with Ichigo and Orihime. I understand how badly the Ichi/Orihime shippers would like to see these two end up together, but considering the restrictions of it being a shonen manga, I think this is the most likely outcome for them.