View Single Post
Old 2011-04-03, 01:17   Link #469
kyosak
poo

^ i think you are jumping to conclusions.
you are free to speculate as you will, but it doesn't make sense to compare the situation of rewrite and angel beats.

angel beats was an animation project from the beginning, and nothing more.
the whole project was started by anime studio PA works, and maeda expressed that he only reluctantly joined the team after meeting with the producers.
yes, they got na-ga to do the art for angel beats but the connection to key ends here... PA works just needed some big names involved to sell their anime.
key is to angel beats, what nitroplus is to steins;gate (read: not very involved at all).

the possible game adapt. was just an afterthought and completely irrelevant to the original project. to be honest, i can see why maeda was reluctant to write for an anime format and i doubt the show turned out the way he wanted. i wish angel beats never happened but i don't want to start a flame war so i'll leave it at that.

rewrite on the other hand, is a game project from the start. it was not started by an anime studio, and this IS a true key project, unlike angel beats.
to me, it makes absolutely no sense to make a game and produce an anime for it simultaneously. i also don't think it's far fetched to assume whitefox was hired to just do an animated OP for the game and nothing more.
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote