View Single Post
Old 2011-04-19, 01:20   Link #88
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Hopefully, this will be a remake like what happened with FMA. The Tokyo arc in the original series was mostly quite bad, with several random stories that I couldn't give a darn about. One case in point: the sumo wrestler story was simply awful. Even the stories which introduced the main characters felt weak at a few points. As I didn't read the manga, I'm not sure how much of the Tokyo arc was filler and how much was taken from the manga. If the new anime is a remake, I hope it can improve on this arc and cut out the worst and most pointless parts.
Tokyo arc was butchered in the anime. The sumo wrestler story is pure filler, as were the pirate, train hijack, circus and pretty much every other stupid and out of place episode you can think of. And even the canon stories suffered some pretty significant changes which kinda ruined the overall quality and feel of it. The Raijuta arc for example is very different in the manga, and the one with Sanosuke's bomber friend also has a completely different conclusion and in the manga Sano actually knows better than to try and fight Kenshin a second time. So yeah, read the manga if this new anime doesn't try and properly cover Tokyo this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Hope when Kenshin goes to slice through the sword collector its not a reverse bladed sword. I want to see him turn into the Batousai more
So basically you want to see him suffer more, huh? Poor Kenshin, some fans he's got!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Only the Kyoto arc is free of filler, and even it drags things on a bit.
No, and no. Kyoto still had filler, just not entire filler episodes, but rather filler (well) integrated with the canon material. Sojiro's flashback about killing Senkaku, for example. As for Kyoto dragging, pretty sure 99% of the fanbase disagrees with you and then some, and rightly so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I still remember all the crack he wrote in his afterwords in the Kenshin volumes on how Kenji later ends up being a Shishio-ish villain and the Kenshin franchise would extend to Yahiko vs Kenji.
I thought that actually sounded kind of interesting. IIRC Kenji would learn Hiten Mitsurugi techniques just from hearing about them but his personality and mindset would develop into an individual much more like Shishio or Saito. The Seisouhen OVA tried to use that idea, but, like everything else it did, kinda failed at it and Kenji just came off as a dick and not a very entertaining one.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote