View Single Post
Old 2013-03-25, 02:31   Link #14
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
like other have said, Superb coloring, you got the face shape and anatomy near perfect as well. though I think you need works on the hand.

...could you teach me how to color eyes and hair like you? a video would help a lots
Thanks for your complements. Unfortunately I have neither the hardware nor software needed to make videos, and I don't have time to write tutorials right now (college, exams, assignments). But I will tell you this:

I saw your thread, and my comment to you is: if you want to take your anime coloring to the next level, you need shadows. Hard shadows adds depth to a shape in a way that soft gradients cannot. In my drawings, the skin, the hair, the clothes, even the eye all have shadows.

Do you have a drawing tablet? If you don't have one, you are going to need to find a way (e.g. by vectoring in Photoshop) to make, for example, these kind of shapes:

Then look at anime drawings you like to see how they shadow their hair, color their eyes and try to copy them. Learn where there should be shadows and where there shouldn't be. Break their drawings up into layers. Imagine how the layers would look on Photoshop/GIMP/etc. A standard drawing for hair is usually broken up like this:

Highlights (the glowy lines on hair)
The shadows of the hair (Darker than the hair itself)
The hair itself (e.g. yellow, red, blue)

Same for the eyes. Look at lots of anime pictures. Find out where it's bright and where it's dark. Find out where it glow and where it doesn't. Find out where it's acceptable to glow and where it isn't.

Then practice, hopefully with a tablet. This takes time and perseverance.

If you don't have a tablet, I highly recommend one. It takes quite a while too to get used to one. Good luck to you. So sorry I couldn't be of more help.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote