View Single Post
Old 2009-12-09, 15:04   Link #35
Used Can

Hmm... I thought the episode was mediocre at best. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. As expected, they cut the scene with Goat-kun. Sure, it served no big purpose, but it was a very fun scene. And I'm not the kind of person that thinks of Umineko as serious business. So, I was quite disappointed, although I already saw this coming.

George and Jessica's fights were there, but they were overtly boring. Punch punch, kick kick... The lack of proper BGM and good lines made those scenes, which were very entertaining in the VN, almost completely lacklustre in the anime, which is sad, considering those scenes should have looked better in the anime, but alas.

It was nice to hear Beatrice's Engrish. Anyhow, Battler's and Beatrice's meeting was rushed as hell. The first part was okay, until they got to the part where Battler's sin confession was supposed to go, but... All the same, I guess it should have been expected DEEN would rush that, considering the anime never tells us about Battler's issues with his family. Beato didn't look particularly composed and dignified either, as she was supposed to be in this scene. I also sort of wanted her to throw away her umbrella. I wouldn't know, that seemed quite meaningful in the VN. Well, too bad, I guess.

Then there's the part with Battler getting erased. Once again, lack of proper BGM usage to deliver the proper mood. But, this has been an issue throughout the entire anime; so, I guess it's useless to complain. Anyway, Ange was kept there for some reason. And, it seemed as if she couldn't care less. Well, not really, but she looked far too relaxed. I missed Beatrice's usage of the Blue Truth, but well... I should really stop expecting things (more like, I should have done that 10 episodes ago).

Finally, the scene in the Golden Land with Beatrice and Maria. Well, nothing was supposed to happen there, and it did look nice.

Personal Score: 5