View Single Post
Old 2012-03-09, 18:05   Link #71
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
As usually very nice break down DragoZero.

I still have not given my write up yet there are some things about the episode that are bugging me im going to do a 2nd view tonight.
Good to know my posts are read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I quite enjoyed the flashbacks as they did well to explain everything. But yeah like other’s having stated, there were something’s that were off.

The introduction of Daath still feels completely out of the blue as well as Yuu.

Gai’s address to the UN was pure cheese on a stick. What the fuck is the GHQ and how the hell is it so powerful? Is it really America? They’re too damn scared to make it outright explicit so they just hint at it? There are a lot of holes in its concept of international politics. It's far too Hollywood-ish...
They're powerful because they have satellites that can wipe out cities.

Quote:
I don’t understand why Keido just suddenly decided to shoot Kurosu. It makes no sense whatsoever. As others have stated, Gai and Keido’s acts don’t fit with what we’ve seen.
I think he just snapped. The better question is... what's a scientist doing with a gun? He was up to no good before he even stepped in there, so it isn't out of the realm of possibility that he'd shoot someone. And since it was in the heat of the moment it was a crime of passion, not pre-meditated, so he wasn't thinking properly. Am I stretching too much? I hope not, haha.

Quote:
At first I wondered why Shu wasn’t getting nearly as much attention in terms of admitting to his sins, but then I realised he didn’t need to. I think the loss of his arm was supposed to be interpreted as karmic retribution. It seems to me to be a pretty common trope in anime actually. Similar to Redemption Equals Death but not as severe.
Well, he lost his friends, his arm, then his girl. Karma's a bitch and it taught him his lesson.

Quote:
My only problem now is that they’ve made Shu too good. In the last two episodes, I thought he was great. I sympathised with him and thought he was awesome when he got his powers back. But now it almost seems like he can do no wrong. Even though he was wrong about giving their voids back, he wasn’t wrong to ask first. And he doesn’t have any doubts about anything either.
It's because the hero has returned! He is the Master of Two Worlds now and has the Freedom to Live. Yes, it's the last episode of Monomyth Time with Drago! We are nearing the end of our journey. Our dear writer likes the monomyth and has implemented it pretty well, minus the overly extended Refusal of the Call. Shu is now a hero worthy of the title and it's time to save the girl and save the world. I leave everyone with a nice image with explanations for each step: