View Single Post
Old 2013-01-18, 11:02   Link #7
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Sorry guys, just realised after making this, that i know so little about American when it comes to state. Most of the time the stereotypes were played for jokes, so don't know how US citizens will take it. Also i expected most of non-US netizens won't know much about US states also, so the references may fly over their heads (btw way i will add -san in if i means the character, rather than the States). Should get them alternatives names as well, any ideas?

For example, if i have to choose i will call Hawaii-santo be a tan class president. The president part is obvious, and tan could comes from both the beach and the fact that Obama is black. Ahola shirt or those coconut bras probably may too ordinary so need modify or some sorts. Ohio-san definitely will be the super hyper genki girls simply because of her greetings (~Ohiyooooo!!! ). Rival twins from Carolina and Dakota families? And New Hampshire-san, New York-san will have British cousins/older sister (York and Hampshire-oneechan)

Oh, and 9 out of 50 girls will into yuri: Connecticut, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, and Mrs.Washington xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I think a good way to go about it might be to focus on famous fictional characters (particularly female ones, of course) that are associated with certain states. That, and popular people from history and/or pop culture that are associated with the state.

For example, Kansas is associated with Dorothy ("Toto, I have a feeling that we're not in Kansas any more.") and Superman (grew up in Smallville, Kansas). Maybe the "anime" version of Kansas should be Dorothy with a Superman-based color redesign and a red cape. Her dog Toto could easily be made into a cute anime-esque critter, too.

Also, the girl who represents Kentucky should probably borrow a bit from Col. Sanders of KFC fame (especially since the Col. has made some appearances in actual anime shows ).
Kansas-san with super strength probably can represent that (Dorothy who is it 0_0? ). Kentucky-san? White hair, white vests with chicken feathers? xD

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2013-01-18 at 11:25.