Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-05, 09:53   Link #2077
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
That's not the question, you avoid my point too. Too much alcohol causes a person to become drunk and possibly dangerous for himself and the other people. Too much foods cause people to become fat and it's very dangerous for the health, it can kill you too.

Fact is, you can control your consumption of Alcohol (It also depends on the kind of alcohol. Wine is not Vodka.) and food to avoid to become a danger to yourself and/or the society. There was a study in France. Most people who drink wine never get drunk. Because they drink only one to two glasses of wine per day.

Fact is, at least here in France, there were a lot of debates about people who become dangerous after having smoked just one marijuana cigarette. let alone the drugs like Cocaine that are way more dangerous and can actually destroy the brain rapidly and that I can't understand how the people can place them on the same level. Or the other countries don't do any studies on the subject, which would be a shame.

You "might" be among the people who doesn't experience the very bad effects that I was talking about ealier, but from what I know, and from what i've seen here in France, a lot of people are affected by it. For them, they can't moderate their consumption, because even one dose is too much for their body and brain. One dose of drug causes them to lost the ability to make good choices and to actually think about what they are doing.

And yes, I call you biased, but you can call me biased too. France is one of the european countries with a high number of people who take drugs (mainly Marijuana, but now also cocaine), and so we can see bad things happening on a daily basis. The Police, doctors and firemen complain a lot about that. There was even a debate again not so long ago on the TV, and we have our own studies. And I did see people under drugs here in Paris. So I am at least aware of the effects on the people here in France.

PS: It's part of the job of our Republic to think about means to protect the people, and especially in this case, the young people. It's not perfect, but it's something I am proud of. A country that will not do/try anything to protect their people would be, in my eyes, an irresponsible country.

I will not reply to you if you avoid my point again.
But there are no laws preventing you from drinking too much right? So getting too drunk to function and possibly do something illegal isn't banned. Its not like bars have a restriction on how much they can sell. (OK they do but no bartender is actually going to follow that). Besides you can walk into any liquor store and buy enough to get an elephant drunk and say your having a party. Weather instant or not, its still possible and legal.

Point is that is why there are police, and gates, and security. To watch over you when someone tries to do something illegal. Does it cost money and could it be solved some other way? sure. Why not implant a chip that stops a person when they are about to do something illegal? Because we live in a free world. We have the freedom to do what we want if we don't harm others. We run the risk of it, but that's the price of freedom.
Spoiler for Off topic, kinda. Not a spoiler.: