Thread: Vista Issues
View Single Post
Old 2009-08-09, 06:40   Link #45
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
I don't know why Microsoft have to charge so much money on Windows 7 when it's just a patch to Vista's problems...

You can try a distro of Linux (which is free) like Ubuntu or KUbuntu (uses KDE instead of Gnome) as a alternative. Linux will work fine, assuming you don't use any Windows-only programs, but it will take a little getting used to the interface since it's a bit different. Just download the ISO and run it as a livecd to decide if it works for you...

If not, you are better off investing in a copy of Windows 7 upgrade, but it's going to set up back $119.99 for Home Premium and $199 for Professional (if you need XP mode).
Regarding the Windows 7 upgrade, how large is the install? I thought it is still in beta development.. How much RAM is necessary? Although I have already made a genuine XP Home SP2 disc off the folder in my old laptop but it is not tested which means that there is a chance it will fail during installation or product activation. Is it possible to upgrade it to Windows 7 if my system has less than 512MB RAM? I can extend it to 2Gb as that there is an empty slot.

However, I am putting little thought to this though as that Windows 7 may have problems of its own considering how Vista turned out.. Although it is said that Windows 7 is the improved version of Vista but the thing is that Vista was originally the improved version of XP yet so many issues.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote